Skip to content
Exterior & Structural Systems
- Exterior wall coverings, flashing and trim.
- All exterior doors.
- Structural components including visible foundation and framing.
- Attached or adjacent decks, balconies, steps, porches and their associated railings.
- Eaves, soffits and fascias where accessible from the ground level.
- Vegetation grading and surface drainage on the property when any of these are likely to adversely affect the building.
- Walkways, patios and driveways leading to the dwelling entrance.
- Landscaping structure attached or adjacent to the building when likely to adversely affect the building.
- Attached garage or carport.
- Garage doors and garage door operators for attached garages.
- Readily accessible roof coverings.
- Readily accessible roof drainage systems.
- Readily accessible flashings.
- Readily accessible skylights, chimneys and roof penetrations.
- Interior water supply and distribution systems including all fixtures and faucets.
- Drain, waste and vent systems including all fixtures.
- Water heating equipment and associated venting systems.
- Water heating equipment fuel storage and fuel distribution systems.
- Drainage sumps, sump pumps, and related piping.
- Service entrance conductors and cables.
- Service equipment and main disconnects.
- Service grounding.
- Interior components of service panels and sub panels.
- Distribution conductors.
- Overcurrent protection devices.
- Ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI)
- Arc fault circuit interrupters (AFCI)
- Outlets, fixtures and switches.
- Smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Readily accessible components of installed heating equipment.
- Vent systems, flues and chimneys.
- Fuel storage and fuel distribution systems.
Air Conditioning Systems
- Air Conditioning Type
- Unit Condition
- Air Distribution
- Electrical Disconnect
- Walls, ceilings and floors.
- Doors and windows.
- Steps, stairways and handrails.
- Countertops and cabinets.
- Walls, doors and ceilings separating the habitable spaces and the garage.
- Insulation and vapour barriers in unfinished spaces.
Mechanical & Natural Ventilation Systems
- Ventilation of attics and foundation areas.
- Ventilation systems in areas where moisture is generated such as kitchen, bathrooms and laundry rooms.